premature ejaculation

The 10 main causes of premature ejaculation

Premature ejaculation is a problem which affects a large part of the male population. The problem can negatively influence your relationship with your partner. Once you have an orgasm, the penis will lose its erection, which makes it impossible for penetration to occur or it will be completed sooner than desired. This creates problems of self-esteem as the man loses control over deciding when to climax. The other party also suffers, because there is no sexual satisfaction and they see how their partner is affected. We’ll show you the ten main causes of premature ejaculation and the solutions which exist.

 

Main causes of premature ejaculation

 

Premature ejaculation is considered to be the absolute lack of control over ejaculation. Normally, men are able to hold off the moment of reaching climax for between 5 and 15 minutes after penetration has occurred. If you ejaculate involuntarily before penetration or at the time of penetration, within one or two minutes, you are considered to suffer from this dysfunction. 

There are two factors which influence premature ejaculation – psychological and physical. The first occurs in 90% of cases, while the second occurs in the remaining 10%. There are also two different types of premature ejaculation, as you will see later. Now we’ll show you the main causes of premature ejaculation:

 

  1. Bad sex education. The lack of sexual maturity which occurs during adolescence leads young people to find a way to quickly satisfy themselves. This rush to achieve satisfaction can lead to a trend if it goes on for years. The lack of self-control can lead to a problem of premature ejaculation in the future.
  2. Lack of self-esteem. Not loving oneself can cause insecurity and this, in turn, can result in a lack of control over ejaculation. The command to ejaculate occurs in the brain. The nervousness caused by thinking that you aren’t up to par can alter the normal process which leads to climax.
  3. Anxiety. Periods of anxiety caused by work or financial problems can also lead to a lack of control over ejaculation. This can also happen if the other person openly shows their anxiety and makes it difficult for relations to be carried out normally. 
  4. Stress. Being subjected to prolonged periods of stress has the same effect as anxiety. You may not realise that you are suffering from the effects of a heavy workload or too much daily activity. Tiredness can affect this and other aspects of life. 
  5. Lack of satisfaction with your sex life. Not reaching sexual expectations can be a problem which results in a lack of control over ejaculation. Being obsessed with reaching greater stimulation or focusing on negative aspects related to sexual intercourse can cause a lack of interest and make you reach climax more quickly. In addition, dissatisfaction will grow as your orgasms will be less intense. 
  6. Having sex infrequently. If you spend too much time between one sexual relationship and the next, you will most likely have a faster ejaculation. Having sexual intercourse more often will often cause greater self-control when choosing when to climax. 
  7. Temporary factors. Premature ejaculation may occur occasionally. This isn’t a big problem. Some external factor may have influenced it in this case; if it doesn’t happen too often you don’t have to pay much attention to it. 
  8. Hereditary factor. Premature ejaculation may have a genetic factor. It is possible that the problem is inherited and has nothing to do with a psychological origin or illness. 
  9. Circulation. The penis becomes erect by the entry of blood into ducts or cavernous areas. Abnormal flow, caused by poor circulation, can cause semen to flow out prematurely. 

Extreme sensitivity. An extreme sensitivity of the most sensitive parts of the penis can speed up the process until it gets out of control, causing ejaculation to happen too quickly.